Across the great state of Michigan and the Metro Detroit area, there are thousands of good leaders working in a variety of industries. It is interesting to note that solid leadership and training go hand-in-hand. Learning is critical. When you want to become a better leader, you have a lot opportunity to have Dale Carnegie Training support both growth and opportunity.
It works for management improvement as well. Although many professionals consider that being a manager is exactly the same as being a leader. These terms, leader and manager, do have a lot of similarities. But they are different in purpose. In fact, these differences are the basis for many current blogs and articles. Now, what are the similarities of management and leadership?
Here are six ingredients to both management and leadership that support organizations:
- Reliability: Being counted on to organize, direct, and create on a daily basis is integral to both.
- Training: Understanding the basics of supporting people, the history, current situation, and the opportunities to improve make for good leaders and good managers.
- Loyalty: This source of good people following others in authority is essential to the core values and guiding principles.
- Sureness: In today’s 2013 business environment, the ability to lead and manage has to come from personal strength and commitment.
- Adaptability: Change can come from every direction and shifting gears and making adjustments are incredibly important aspects of growth.
- Enthusiasm: Beginning with positive attitude and sincerity just makes sense. In the countless challenges organizations face every day, energy and motivation are very important.
There might always be debate on management and leadership comparisons. Is a good leader a good manager? Are managers necessarily leaders? One thing is for sure, being both is a lot of responsibility.
Regardless, winning friends and influencing people are exactly what organizations need here in Southeast Michigan.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Michigan, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Michigan. We would love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter @MICarnegie.
Photo: jzcreatiions, freedigitalphotos.net