Every Michigan business must mind its “p’s& q’s” in the effort to stand out with customers and clients. The visibility, especially across social media, is essential. Everything should be positive and everything should be of an engaging nature; it is integral to success. But for the purposes of this article, let’s focus on the p’s that make things happen in an organization:
- People: It starts with people and it ends with people. As Dale Carnegie put it years ago; people, friends and influence go hand-in-hand.
- Purpose: Goals and objectives indeed come from purpose. Purpose often creates opportunity and it is through purpose that we improve every day.
- Passion: What is the business truly good at? Are the employees placed where passion for work can grow? There is a lot accomplished when passion exists.
- Profits: Of course, bringing profitability into the picture makes sense. Every resource is needed to create optimum revenue.
- Promises: Give both employees and clients the message of partnership and promise them both a great future.
- Patience: It can take time to grow in this economy and results can often be slow. Staying on line and steady will keep the company on a clear path.
- Progress: As with patience, it can be tough to see at times. Getting a little better every day indeed is progress.
- Productivity: Each person in the business is held accountable and responsible for both effort and success. These ingredients truly define empowerment. Once the buzzword of the 1980’s, empowerment now is a performance factor that is integral to all areas of the organization.
Of course this is all about the p’s in business that support the bottom-line. We all have to remember that the path of positive possibilities helps to prevent the lack of focus with both principles and planning. The p’s starting with people indeed make the difference.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Michigan, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Michigan. We would love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter @MICarnegie.