Personal Leadership is at the core of the Dale Carnegie Principles. In fact, here in Michigan and across Detroit, it is at the core of our success. The industries that have historical significance here in the Wolverine State are in a constant array of change. Positions, roles, and responsibilities are changing faster than the economy, giving support to all the organizations in the area.
Competition demands we find more effective, efficient, and profitable strategies that allow better ways to produce products and deliver services. And it is up to each of us to create a shared vision and influence the values of our respective organizations.
Each of us is in leadership and it is essential we cultivate people who will help us move forward to the next level. The people of Michigan depend on it.
Personal leadership means the difference in these areas:
- Results- oriented is the new task- oriented.
- Empowerment influences all behavior.
- All goals and objectives are clearly communicated.
- Teams are built on unified purpose.
- Everyone works with everyone to accomplish activity.
- Decisions are carried out by team members.
- Planning is built through people.
- People support the organization they help create.
- People support processes that will help them succeed.
It is through the energy and ideas of everyone that success indeed happens. From the challenges of the summer of 2009 to the opportunities of the summer of 2012, we have seen great progress.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Michigan, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Michigan. We would love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter @MICarnegie.