Do you need to raise employee morale, come up with some new ideas for your business, or help launch a new program to increase revenues? Chances are fairly high that you have a lot of untapped talent among your employees. This talent and brainpower can be fostered on a regular basis through a team engagement strategy. By making an effort to create a team environment, you can help to inspire the thought leaders among your group of valued employees.
Team engagement means everyone is on board, and moving in the same direction in complementary ways. Every employee has unique talents, backgrounds and experience that add value to the organization and its goals. It’s difficult to discover this if a team atmosphere does not exist, because ideas need a safe place to be set free. Teams provide this.
When leaders make an effort to build a team spirit, this inspires and empowers more people to get involved. The great thing is that this inspiration pays off over and over again, as new ideas and benefits come about. Team engagement has been show to increase productivity that can far exceed all expectations. As a result, employee morale goes sky-high. This is where innovation is born.
The key to engaging teams to greater innovations is that all team members must be treated as equal and get the respect they deserve. No idea is a bad idea. By fueling all employee’s contributions with positive feedback, respect in meetings, and systems to increase communication – innovation can expand and these new ideas collectively can help build a pathway to the future.
Here are a few ways to create more ideas through team engagement:
- Have motivational meetings or pep rallies on a regular and sometimes spontaneous basis.
- Open up communication using all available technologies and channels.
- Invite all levels of employees to get involved, share ideas and be heard.
- Treat all employees with respect and let them know they are 100 percent valued.
- Encourage team brainstorming by matching up complimentary employees in creative teams.
- Give employees the chance to work on new problem solving initiatives.
- Create an environment conducive to creativity and innovation.
Over time, you will notice a more enthusiastic crowd among your employee numbers. By providing plenty of learning and sharing opportunities, your company can help develop more innovative products and services that can help your business thrive.
To learn more about team engagement techniques and benefits, please be sure to visit Dale Carnegie Institute’s online resources. Become the innovator and build your teams for success.