In large groups of sales teams across Michigan, you can count on the top 10% doing their jobs well and the bottom 10% struggling. It is the 80% that sees both good and bad. In the efforts to keep success in the sales organization, a good training program, attended by everyone on a regular basis, is needed. But when management announces a training session, no matter an hour or a full day, and the salespeople will come up with a multitude of appointments and excuses to get out of it. The majority of people in sales have never opened a sales book or attended training classes beyond the first day or the first week on the job.
There is only one clear way to get success in sales; that is training. Bolted to practice and it is really only a matter of time for success. The way to strategy, purpose, energy, and focus comes from more than observation. Five skills must be integrated into process and practice.
- Interpersonal Skills: Listening, asking questions, and gathering information with positive attitude and understanding are critical.
- Product Skills: The best experts of product are the best salespeople.
- Current Affairs Skills: Know what the industry is doing locally, nationally and globally. Know the competition and what they offer. Be ready to explain differences based on your research.
- Organization Skills: Time management is essential. Make time for follow up and for new client acquisition. Take 15 minutes every day and read a chapter or two out of the Dale Carnegie classics.
- Self Management Skills: Come to work to work, Work your plan and be there for the customer to help and serve. You are your own best supervisor.
Take the Carnegie courses whenever possible for growth and opportunity. The Sales Advantage course is the only one that gives you critical ingredients for making the sale, because it is the only one that interweaves Dale Carnegie Training’s proven principles of success into every session.
Attend this session on Monday March 5 in Novi. Click below for sign up information.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Michigan, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Michigan. We would love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter @MarkWillDCT.